Monday, April 28, 2008

dead in the middle of the road

I'm sure all of you who read regularly remember the black snake that had coiled himself around the bulrushes in our backyard. Many believe that he was a water moccassin and I concur with that observation.

Ever since that day I have been a little uneasy.......carefully looking where I step when I am outside and even inside. Bubba has regularly gone down to the water's edge to catch a glimpse, but the serpent has never revealed himself to us again.

Yesterday Bubba spotted him....dead in the middle of the road.

Last week they cleared the land one lot over to begin construction on a new home. I think that his home must have been displaced and he was trying to move to a new residence when he was cut down in the prime of his life.

I am so thankful. I just know that he was the only bad snake out here and now he is gone and I don't have to worry anymore.

No more glancing in the toilet before I sit down. No more trepidation while cutting back bushes in the yard. No more fear that he will come slithering by while I'm sitting on the back porch.

Hurray.........all fear is gone.

I did see two lizards playing on the side of the house yesterday that made my blood run cold, but at least the snake is gone.

On a very high note.....Amanda was surprised this morning by walking into the living room to find little Eli standing by the ottoman. All of a sudden he is coming into his own. Amanda called me very early to tell me the good news. We rejoice in this answered prayer.

The therapist will continue to work on his left hand where most of the weakness exists.

For Mark and Amanda and David and Erika and all of you parents of sons:

"Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart." Prov. 29:17

I think this probably applies to Lucy as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ding Dong the snake is dead
The snake is dead!!!
Hurray, hurray, hurray!!!!!
ECD