Tuesday, April 8, 2008

the perils of renting...

I've mentioned several times in my blog about re-doing our condo and putting it in the hands of a new rental company.

We have had continual trouble with the present management company and figured enough is enough.

At the end of last week Bubba broke the news to them that we were going with a new company. He was greeted with the threat..."You'll be sorry."

Bubba told them to remove all renters that had been assigned to our condo thus freeing us and our workers to come and go freely.

To us that meant that we would have no more renters until April 13th when we sign in under the new mangagement.

I have had to buy new bed covers and plates and things to replace all of the things that have been lost and stolen. All of this was taken down to the condo on Friday and left scattered about. The beds were covered with boxes and bags and the new dishes filled the dishwasher. It was very obvious that there was work going on.

Well, lo and behold on Sunday night they rented it out until today at 11:00.

Now if you had rented that apartment wouldn't you think, "Something's going on here. I need to get them to put me in another condo?"

Not a word. We only found out about this yesterday when the carpet cleaners showed up to shampoo the carpets and the girl at the front desk called.

I will be very surprised if any of the newly bought goodies still in packages will be there this afternoon when Bubba checks.

I'll let you know.

I'm going to the dentist......Cathy

No comments: