Wednesday, May 7, 2008

squirrel proof bird feeder

Today I had to go into town to do some errands.

One of my stops was Home Depot to buy some black spray paint for a couple of projects.

I said to myself, "I won't need to get a buggy for that small item."

I don't understand why this happens but......there is never a time when I don't need a buggy. I went back outside and got one which I should have done in the first place.

Oh by the way, here in the deep south we call shopping carts "buggies."

My first stop was the cleaning project aisle. I fell for some wet wipe glass cleaner and a huge floor duster mop that I hope will help me to get control of the "dust bunnies" that live on these hardwood floors. I can't wait to try it out.

Next on to the paint aisle where I had to give some advice to some guys who were looking for a shutter color to match a really yellow house. He had chosen some kelly (irish) green spray paint. I went ahead and agreed with him that those two colors were perfect for each other while all the time thinking to myself that the whole scheme was hideous. He went on his way with his friend happily telling him that "a woman" liked his choice.

Oh what have I done to somebody's wife out there?

While in the paint aisle I picked up the black spray paint and a kit to make "new things look old with pewter." A must have!

Lastly I ended up in the bird feeder aisle. We have lots of birdies out here and I thought that I would like to feed them. I proceeded to study all of the troughs. The one I finally chose is squirrel proof. You can see it pictured above. After choosing "southern regional seed" I made my way to the outside and garden area. Thankfully I made it through without buying anything else.

When the check-out lady said $74.59 I almost fainted. That was some expensive spray paint.

If I just hadn't gone back for that "buggy."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is kind of late, but speaking of paint, what color are you going to paint you new chair( the one you picked up for $3)?

Cathy Cleland said...

Inquiring minds want to know.....
There is a brand of paint called "Divine" with which I painted the little condo. For my chair I used the same brand with the color being cocoa. It is a soft brown. I will send a picture when it is done. I found some "vintage blue" ribbon at "At Home" downtown which I will wrap around the back of it. a very feminine chair.