Tuesday, May 6, 2008

a frozen cloth

Bubba sent me a license plate quiz this morning. There were 15 plates and I got 12 right for a score of 80%.

I love to look at license plates. Hardly a car passes that I don't look to see where it is from. There are so many tourists in Savannah that one can get fairly familiar with the different state tags.

I will send the address at the end of the blog....write and let me know how you do.

We have always traveled. When Amanda was six months old we set out for Denver, Colorado, a three day drive. On the third day we drove far into the night because we wanted to make it before 12:00 pm.....It was New Years Eve. I would hold a wet cloth out of the window, it would freeze solid because it was so cold, and we would use that to wipe our faces to keep ourselves awake.

Amanda then celebrated her one year birthday in Wichita Falls, Texas. Bubba had a three month school out there and we rented an apartment.

Our children were practically raised in Washington, DC. There was always a school that lasted for weeks and Bubba wanted us with him. Boy did we see the sights at our leisure. We would invite friends and relatives up and have such a good time.

Only now that Bubba has retired has that kind of traveling stopped. I loved every minute of it. It was special .....................time to be together and share all the joys of seeing this great country of ours as a family.

I am very content to be at home for a while. Our trips now are to see our children and grandchildren which is how it should be.

We are still saving for that one special trip together that we have never taken.

Why do I have a feeling that we won't be alone on that one either?

Remember to let me know how you do........Cathy

http://mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=209

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will long remember the trip to Wichita Falls, Longest trip Nana had ever been on and I guess the only trip other than North Ga, N.C. or Fla. I had Toyota S.W.
I caught Amanda's finger in a suitcase, she screamed a lot but I think it hurt me as bad as it did her, ha!
We were really surprised how small the oil wells were.

Anonymous said...

I will always remember the Washington Trips...Lots of sight seeing, laughter and memories...to name a few...Guest Quarters, Boys Scouts, Doritos, M & M's, search for goggles and muppet glasses, Amanda's sandbag, the royal wedding, the rains at the White House, Barry Goldwater...and of course..the zoo. I also got 12 out of 15 right on the license plate test.