Saturday, May 10, 2008

the finished project


This is it. It is finally finished. My three dollar chair is beautiful!
Bubba ended up doing the painting for me as I am not much with a paintbrush.
The color that I chose was cocoa by Devine designs. The colors in this line are amazing.
I found the "Vintage blue" ribbon at a store downtown. I so much like ribbons and bows and any thing feminine, but I don't want to go over the top.
Please let me know what you think...ribbon or no ribbon?
I know not to mention my "ailments" but I have to share this funny with you anyway.
This past week I developed a fever blister on my bottom lip. It quickly grew to the size of a cantaloupe, well almost.
I have never had one of these and I was amazed by it. I gave my magnifying mirror a permanent spot on the vanity and watched it get bigger and bigger. I felt like it was taking over my face.
A couple of days ago when I was getting ready to take my shower I looked down on my stomach and noticed a large ring. It was flaming red and its circumference was the size of the mouth of a glass. I thought, "Oh my goodness, some strange virus has overtaken my body."
Bubba was called in to consult and he said it looked like I had pressed something that size to my stomach and caused the indentation.
Thinking back a couple of hours I remembered that my black spray paint can had busted and I was was trying to fix it. I must have pressed the can into my stomach for a long time.
In a couple of hours the huge circle started fading and disappeared.
After many swabs of hydrogen peroxide and L lysine cream the blister is going away too.
I must say I miss the thing. It was intriguing to watch.

8 comments:

amanda h said...

I love the finished product. I say keep the bow because it "ties" it all together.

David said...

Can you change the color of the bow according to the seasons?

Cathy Cleland said...

I hadn't thought of that....such a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Remember that business you guys were searching for? You know, the one that gives Bubba's truck a purpose.. well? Looks to me like you may have found it. The chair looks very professionally finished!

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks Trish....This would be the job I would love, but how many $3.00 chairs could I find? I would love to get together with Erika (she is brilliant creatively) and open a shop called
Cathy & Erika. Bubba would then have a purpose for his white truck that he hasn't bought yet. thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to agree with Amanda, keep the bow. it looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the finished chair, keep the bow!!!
ecd

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks everyone.....I will keep the bow.