Tuesday, October 13, 2009

and then the sun went down

Late this afternoon, just after supper, I went down to walk by the shore.
Bubba stopped by the docks on the way home and picked up some shrimp.
They were just bringing them in off the boat...........so absolutely wonderful!

I love the beach in the fall.
Now there are more bird footprints than there are human prints.
The waves were roaring.
Their tunnels rising up black with white foam turning florescent in the long, low rays of the setting sun.

I took a sweatshirt because it has been cool today, but I left it on a piece of driftwood by the path. Warm, soothing breezes were blowing in my face and the smell of the ocean was strong and intoxicating.

So many of you tell me how much you love to read of my walks by the sea. I only wish you could be here to share them with me.

Today I walked over to the library to get a book that had been recommended by a friend to take on my trip. I love the library, but they never have the book I need. After putting my name on the waiting list, I decided to browse for another book.

Of all things, I forgot my glasses. I was trying to carry on without them, but was really struggling with the fine print.

The Tybee library is really small and lots of people use it.

While I was straining my eyes to find a good book, I started having a coughing fit. (an annoying remnant of the swine flu) The cough seemed to be brought on by the dust each time I pulled out a book. I was trying to subdue the cough and that was making it worse. People were staring.

What a complete fiasco that endeaver was.

takes my breath away ~ by tuck and patti
i love it....c

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sensual?

cathy said...

Aha....my favorite blog watchdog is back. Sensual was a bad choice of words, but it was a sensory experience with the warmth of the spray and the strong smell of the ocean and the warm breeze. Anyway, thanks for watching out for me.