Monday, October 5, 2009

day 4 and counting

This is what I mean when I say they are "piled on my bed."
These four are watching a "Dora and Diego" video.

Amanda left this morning to head to Greenville, South Carolina, for the biblical counseling conference. She will return on Wednesday.

some observations:

The older children have learned some Bible verses. They quote the verses to each other.
Example.....God says "to share what we have with one another." In their mind this verse means "you share with me but there is no way I will share with you.''

Another one quotes, "be kind to one another." To them this means "I can do whatever I want to you but you had better not be mean to me or I will kick your tower down and trip you up when you go crying to your mama."

Don't even talk about "do not lie." Even as they are shaking their heads and saying I didn't do or say that, I can see in their beautiful little eyes that they are not telling the truth.

They may know some verses, but the area of applying doctrinal knowledge to their own life is severely deficient. That's why they have parents to teach them and to discipline them in the ways of godliness.

Yesterday on the way to church, Lucy, Jake, and Eli took off on a race to the elevator. When we got there, the button had been pushed, the door had opened, and two of those three were inside the elevator while the door was closing.....Jake stayed outside screaming hysterically because he thought we would be separated forever.......Amanda caught the door just in time. One of the three got in major trouble needless to say.

8:00 is bedtime for the children.
I collapse in bed just a little later to be ready for another full day tomorrow.
That's what grandparenting is all about.
You get to do it all over again on a limited basis.
It keeps me young and young at heart.

cathy

1 comment:

BTH said...

I laughed when I saw them on your bed. That is exactly what my 3 grand kids do too. I have to say that many modern cartoons do have educational value. It's amazing what even the youngest ones can learn from the tube.