Saturday, October 10, 2009

just walkin' in the rain.....

getting soaking wet..........

My walk on the beach tonight was short due to a sudden rain shower. That's okay. It was actually refreshing after the sweltering humidity we have had for the last few days.

I need to clear something up that I wrote a couple of days ago. This is what I wrote in relation to how the children share Bible verses with one another:

God says "to share what we have with one another." That is not a verse in the Bible.

This is the actual verse pertaining to sharing and I have always loved it. A friend of mine had taught it to her then three year old and it has stuck with me all these years:

"And do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is well-pleased." Hebrews 13:16

Please forgive me if I misled anyone in this matter.

I like it that God considers our sharing with others a scarifice and that He is well-pleased when we do so.

We are to add nothing to or take anything away from God's word. He said it perfect from the beginning.

thanks Estelle for the scuppernongs.....they are dee...licious.
thanks Bobbye for the mini-red velvet cake.......it was dee...lightful

thanks both of you for sharing with me
cathy

No comments: