Monday, October 12, 2009

impossible situations

I am sitting here at the computer.
The window is open and there are briny ocean breezes blowing through the condo.
Rain is falling gently on the tin roof across the way.

I am glad that I went to my Bible study today.
There is always something God wants me to hear.

Sometimes my life gets so busy that I neglect my spiritual needs.
When this happens I begin to drift.

There are two what I consider to be impossible situations in my life at this time.
These situations are not new......they have been going on for quite a while.
It seems like God does not hear my supplications because nothing ever changes.

In these last few weeks, because of my busyness and my neglect of God's word,
I have let doubt creep in.....I have questioned God.

Today we studied Jesus' first miracle....turning the water into wine at the wedding feast.
He took nothing and made something wonderful and good.

I don't know what God is doing in these situations, but I do know He hears my prayers.
I know that what He does will be for my good and for His glory and I should want nothing more than that.

Two things:
God can change my "impossible situations" into something wonderful and good.
I need to trust Him even in the long haul and never give up hope.

The biggest miracle of all is that He loves me enough to call me back where I belong....to His word and to prayer every day, many times a day.

"And now Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in Thee." Psalm 39:7

No comments: