Tuesday, October 6, 2009

washed ashore

Me and the boys, we just got back from a walk on the beach.
We found this old palm tree that had recently washed ashore.
Neither of them wanted to stop long enough to sit on it for me to take a picture....
but they did.

We found lots of interesting things along the way...
a feather
some fishermen
seagull footprints
driftwood
shells
two kayaks....one red and one blue
and a red Coast Guard helicopter that made Eli stop in his tracks.

It was almost dark when we made our way back up to the condo and we were glad to see grand daddy in the distance coming to help us.

I will never get over the blessing of my grandchildren....the joy of sharing the beach, which I love so much, with them.

For some reason, Jake offered up this declaration as we were coming up the palm lined pathway after having a wonderful time on the beach....

"I can do whatever I want to do!"

Children are not born innocent.....they are born in sin and with sin in their hearts and that sin has to be disciplined out of them.

That's what the Bible says and God is always right.

cathy

No comments: