Sunday, December 6, 2009

beach tree


I just finished my masterpiece for this year.
It is much smaller than usual due to space limitations,
but it is still beautiful to me.
I zoomed in on the top photo because I wanted you to see my sand dollar garland.
~
I collected these in summers past from the sandy floor of the ocean.
They were bleached until they turned snowy white.
I then threaded a brown grograin ribbon through the holes to make the garland.
Most everything on this tree has a special meaning.
~
The tree was bought on Friday just before the deluge came.
Because it is so small, Bubba had an easy job setting it up.
We always get a real Christmas tree because it makes the house smell wonderful.
~
I am really enjoying decorating the condo.
I don't need much......have to be careful not to overdo things this year.
Plus, there will be lots of little active hands in a very small area.
The children are what make Christmas, not the decorations.
~
Cold here at the beach....windy....feels like Christmas.
I have on socks.....it must be cold.
~
"For unto us a child is born."
Thanks be to God.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tree is beutiful,I know that was a big endeavor!!!