Wednesday, December 2, 2009

the much anticipated storm

This is my niece Lisa holding Harry's hand at the boat parade.
I like her alot because she makes me laugh.
I feel good when I am with her.
Harry took a quick "liking" to her as well.
~
They predicted a wild storm for Savannah today.
"Be safe" everybody.....its coming!
Expect torrential rains,75 mph winds, and maybe even a tornado.
Holy cow!!! What excitement for me waiting for this monster to get here.
~
I removed all of the furniture from the deck.
In my mind I saw it blowing out toward the ocean....... swept away forever.
Schools closed, churches closed......the whole town went into shutdown mode.
I drove into town to have dinner at Johnny Harris.
~
The rain hit as we were leaving the restaurant.
It WAS torrential on the drive back to Tybee.
Lots of water standing in the road.......the biggest danger was hydroplaning.
~
As I cossed over the Lazeretto Bridge the rain ceased and the storm was done.
I fully expected the island to be plunged in darkness but
all of the lights were shining brightly.
~
Thank you God for sparing us harm and keeping the lights on.
cathy

No comments: