Monday, December 14, 2009

pea soup

The fog here at the beach is almost impenetrable.
Everything is shrouded in gray mist.
We are breathing water.....unable to see our hands before our faces.
We are having summer in winter here and the forces are fighting each other.

I have been thinking alot about patience today.
Mr. Webster defines it as follows:

a. bearing pain and trials calmly or without complaint
b. manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
c. steadfast despite opposition, difficuly, or adversity

I find myself weak in this area sometimes.

Patience is a virture to be developed.....it does not come naturally.
Patience is one of the "fruits" of the Holy Spirit of God.

I am given on a daily basis many opportunities to develope this virture.
Traffic and Christmas shopping are two examples.
Many times I fail.

I like to study the patience of God with us who are believers.
He gives us every opportunity to come to salvation in His Son Jesus Christ.
He wrote a whole book explaining His plan of redeemption to us.
He forebears with us, He bears our pain and sorrows.
He is steadfast in His love for us.
He waits patiently while we dilly-dally with the things of this earth.

What a Savior!
What a Lord!

Give us Your patience and Your love to share with others, O God.
May those whose lives we touch see Christ in us.

cathy
(even in our cars sitting in traffic)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your post..im from philippines. check my latest post.. tnx. godbless you..

cathy said...

Thank you for reading so far away....I feel honored.