Tuesday, December 1, 2009

falling

The month of December got off to an unusual start.
I spent a good part of the day out at the storage house trying to decide what decorations would "deck the halls" of the condo this year.
There couldn't be too many and they have to be extra special.

Now I have Christmas decorations that date back to 1970, the year we got married.
All of them have sentimental value, especially the ones I got from my mom.
Every year there are tears shed during the decorating process along with great memories of sweet Christmas's of the past.

Each box was loaded on a flat bed dolly and pushed carefully out to the car.
By this time Bubba had stopped by to help.
He disagreed with the Christmas tree stand I had chosen and I went back in to get the larger one. (Hopefully this means I get a larger tree.)

Now there was a large yellow extension cord on the floor as well as several boxes.
Somehow, I got tangled in this quagmire and tripped.
We, me and the tree stand, pitched forward and went airborn, landing on the other side of the corridor up against somebody else's storage unit.

My wrist and my brow took the blunt of the fall.
When Bubba came back in I was lying on the floor knocked cukoo.
I had to sit for a few minutes to regain my composure.
He sympathized, but was wanting me to get up and finish loading the boxes.

The mysterious part of this is that my jeans and sweatshirt were spotted with blood, but we haven't been able to find a single wound source.

Falling is a strange sensation. I remember thinking as everything went into slow motion, "If I ever land, this is going to be bad."

It wasn't.
My head hurts and so does my elbow/wrist, but I am seemingly okay.
It's just that blood thing.
What in the world???

cathy

No comments: