Friday, December 11, 2009

I wonder

I wonder if it was cold the night that Jesus was born into this world?

I wonder if Mary had sewn little clothes to put on His tiny body?

I wonder if Joseph started a fire to keep everyone warm that night?

I wonder about the star.
I am always searching the heavens.....looking for the unusual and the beautiful.
Could ordinary people see that star?
Were they curious or did they simply go about their their life in the usual way?

What did the shepherds do when the angel appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone all around them?
Luke affirmed that they were filled with fear.
Were they shaking or did they fall to the ground and cover their faces?

"Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2: 10 & 11

I wonder if the shepherds knew the great honor that had been afforded to them?
God chose them to be among the first to see the face of God in this baby Jesus.

Did they leave someone back to watch the sheep or did they all make haste to see the Lord?
I would think it didn't take them long at all to make it "over to Bethlehem to see this thing which the Lord has made know to us." Luke 2:15

I wonder what all of us have done about the good news of Jesus Christ?

No comments: