Saturday, December 19, 2009

thoughts on Christmas

So often on Saturday I find myself home all day.
I think I have a big part in making that happen.
That's where I've been today.....right here......looking at the ocean and
finishing up getting ready for Christmas.

I don't think I've ever been ready this soon in my life.
Yes I have a few more gifts to buy and wrap but most everything is done.
Amanda and Mark with Jake and Eli will be here Monday night.
I don't want to miss a minute with my loved ones.

the thoughts:
I think that Manheim Steamroller's first album was his best.
I tried to play all of my Christmas CD's in one day....didn't happen.
I am wishing I still lived in DC because of the awesome Christmas snowstorm.

I have all of my cookbooks spread out in the living room.
I get sad when I come across a much-loved recipe written in my mother's hand.

I got tickled remembering Lucy's worry over whether the reindeers would make it to our "Country." No mention of Santa....just the reindeers.

Harry went nuts when we passed by the train section in Toys R Us the other day. Boy is he going to be happy on Christmas morning.

Church is cancelled in Lanexa tomorrow. Amanda and Mark got 5 inches of snow last night and more to come tonight.

Please notice my antique porcelain Snoopy manger scene in the picture above.

My Christmas art to follow......

blue, blue christmas without you.....
c

No comments: