Thursday, December 31, 2009

looking back at 2009

I just took this picture.
If you look right in the center you can see the Cockspur lighthouse.
It was sixty five delightful degrees today.

So quickly this last year went by.
How merciful God has been to us.

The most important aspect of examining a used up year is to ask yourself these questions;
"Have I grown spiritually in the last 12 months?"
"Have my trials made me stronger?
"Do I crave God's word more and more?
"Am I more content in Him than ever before?"

The answer is yes, a hundred times yes.

I don't know of any other year that has tested me more.....
and these trials have produced in me a deep and abiding trust in my Savior.

The one thing in all my life that I dreaded and feared more than anything else was that my earthly father would reject me. I always did and said exactly what he wanted because that gave me security that he would never cut me off. Two years ago he did reject me because I began to stand up to him. He decided to hate my husband and make life unbearable for both of us. My sister joined him in this crusade and it stands until this day.

He was given a chance to end this a couple of months ago when we made a brief appearance together before my pastor, but he got up and ran out of the meeting.

He sent us a Christmas card with a gift a few days before Christmas.
I called him Christmas morning, thanked him, and told him that I love him.
He said he loves me too.

I've done all I can do.
When he ran out of the meeting, I knew that I would not pursue him again.
Maybe one day he will pick up the phone and restore fellowship with us.

I pray for dad and my sister and her husband daily....
that's all I know to do.
Her betrayal of Bubba and I in this matter is grievous beyond measure.
To this very hour I cannot comprehend why they would do this to us.

The good news is that the above situation has brought us to a deeper and more personal relationship with Jesus Christ than if we had never gone through this agonizing time.

I thank Him for allowing us to go through this trial for the spiritual benefit it has brought to us and all of our family.

Praise to God on the eve of the brand new year.

Off to eat shrimp and oysters with friends at the church.
Cathy

No comments: