Friday, January 1, 2010

the "happy new year" blog

2010
it kinda seems strange doesn't it?

I cooked my "hoppin john" today even though I don't believe at all in "luck" and I don't even like black-eyed peas that much. These were good, though. I seasoned them with bacon and green onions and cooked them all afternoon.

I am looking forward to this new year because of what the infusions are doing for my health and well-being. By the end of August, this past summer, I was quickly spiralling into some major health problems. My diligent doctor was persistent to find the cause of my demise. His prescribed treatment has me feeling amazingly well and ready to face a new year.

Today at the beach about 100 people took a plunge into the ocean. The weather here was rainy with temperatures in the forties. They called it the "polar plunge." I think these people are insane.

Today I awarded the Valentine's Day giveaway that I have been posting about. Out of all the entries, I was won over by the very first one I received. A very sweet teenage girl wrote a compelling entry about why her parents need a break. Thanks to all who participated. I will do another one in the future.

Maybe this will be the year that Jesus comes back. I like this passage from II Peter 3....

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise (to come back to this earth) as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

His delay in returning is that You might come to repentance. What will we do about Jesus this year 2010?

God bless and keep all of us in the coming year.

Cathy

No comments: