Sunday, January 24, 2010

maybe?

Just this afternoon
my eye is beginning to see things again.

It is still covered with a haze, but I am able to focus just a little.
Will the sight return completely? I do not know.
I go back to the doctor in the morning at 8:10.

I've been thinking about this verse this week:

I Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face."

As we live and breathe and move in this earthly life, and mostly because of our sin, we cannot see God and His ways clearly. We can only see "dimly" through what He has revealed to us in His word. One day, when we see Him "face to face", our sight will be perfect and complete.

We cannot even imagine what it will be like when we get to throw off the shackles of sin and the blinders that we wear on this earth and see God in all His glory and Jesus seated at His right hand. What joy and a cause for rejoicing that will be.

If God allows me to see clearly again through my left eye, I will be grateful beyond measure. But if not, I have assurance that my sight will be complete when I finally get to see His face.
All my expectations are in Him.

cathy

No comments: