Saturday, January 2, 2010

the "shadow" of things to come

I just went and had a haircut at my favorite salon.

Laura is a wizard with the scissors and when she was done there was enough hair on the floor to fill a waste basket. I feel five pounds lighter. My hair is super thick and baby fine. The cutting happens on the inside.....hair was flying everywhere. Bubba was hugely impressed when I walked in the door just now. I like that!

It is cold today...brilliant clear blue sky, but super chilly. It will be this way all week so they say.
One exciting thing about the weather finally turning cold is that I got to wear my new boots.
I don't know whether you can see them in the picture, but I think that they are super stylish and chic. Bubba gave them to me for Christmas. They came from Wal-Mart. How about that for saving money?

I am reading a novel by Gregory David Roberts......SHANTARAM. It is an exceptional read.
Taking place in the slums of Bombay, India, it gives insight into a world I could never even imagine or conceptualize. The man named Shantaram is as fascinating as any character I have ever come to know on the pages of a book. It is another 900+ pager, but well worth my time.

Today, before we meet David and Erika with kids at Wiley's for supper, I have to do two things....update my new calendar and clean the stacks off my desk...imperative.

Have a wonderful Saturday afternoon....
cathy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great haircut, Cathy! I too, have very thick hair and when I leave the salon, it looks like a dog sitting on the floor. So much hair! Today's picture has you looking so healthy and pink cheeked! I pray the new infusions are boosting your immune system.

Thank you for sharing your life and your faith with all of us. You are such a genuine, caring, and "real" person. Your faith journey inspires me so much.

I pray often for the trial you and Bubba are facing with your dad and sister. God knows the truth and He knows your heart. Always believe that.

I wish you all the very best in 2010! Happy and Healthy New year to you and your lovely family!

Love,
Margaret, Virginia Beach

cathy said...

Margaret...Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. The infusions are working, making me feel better than I have in years. Writing this blog is such a joy for me and I am thankful to God that it is a blessing to you.

Best wishes to you and your family in the coming year. May your walk with the Lord grow richer and sweeter each day.

You keep me writing,
Love,
cathy

Allison said...

You look very chic here! Happy New Year!