Wednesday, January 6, 2010

words on winter

They say it hasn't been this cold since 1985.
I believe them.
It's been a long time since I thought a nice pair of wool pants would feel good.

I remember that Bubba bought us two military coats that were designed to be worn in arctic conditions. I haven't seen those coats in twenty years. Last night he said that he was going to get his out of storage to take on an up-coming trip.

In a way its kind of nice knowing that this year the germs and the bugs will finally get killed off. We've been saying for years that the weather just didn't get cold enough for that.

And I hear talk of snow down south.
Wouldn't that be a pleasant change of pace.

A couple of thoughts.....

I'm wearing socks every day and have resorted to wearing boots.
I can't get really warm even with the heat running full boar.
I bought a warm scarf to wear around my neck.
I want to drink coffee all day long.
The wind coming off of the ocean grips you in pain.
I have to psych myself up to take a shower and when I get in I never want to get out.

The days have been beautiful. To look through the big window is to see bright sunshine and the clearest of blue skies. The ocean is calm, sapphire blue, and clear. But let me tell you baby....it is cold outside.

Actually, the absolute best place to be is in the bed, under the covers at nightfall and stay there until first light in the morning. That is the only place that I can get really warm.

"Two are better than one because.....if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can they be warm alone." Ecclesiastes 4: 9 & 11

ps.....does anyone know where I can get a pair of cashmere gloves?

from cathyc

No comments: