Friday, January 29, 2010

about my father

Two weeks ago my father fell and broke his hip.
He had surgery to repair the damage.
He is doing well.....
I visited today and he has made great strides to improvement.
I think he is thriving in the hospital environment getting the care that he needs and being around people.

He is to be discharged on Wednesday, February 3rd.
His doctor, nurses, and therapists have all recommended that he be discharged to an assisted living facility where he can continue his recuperation period.

I talked to him this afternoon and encouraged him not to risk going home.
He is very receptive to this. He knows his limitations.
I would ask all of you to pray that God will give him the wisdom to make the right choice.

If he goes home at discharge, our window of opportunity to get him the care that he needs will be gone.

Bubba and I are very thankful that dad has ceased being hostile to us for the first time in over 2 and a half years. Our constant prayers were heard and answered.

Trusting Him in this matter.

Cathy

No comments: