Friday, January 22, 2010

"The Lord opens the eyes of the blind"

No one could have ever described to me the way it feels to be blind.
My blindness is only in one eye, but it is amazing how much daily life requires two eyes.

Let me first say that my eye is getting better.
I don't have to go back to the doctor until early Monday.
The blindness is not darkness,
It is cloudy, milky white.
Last Sunday morning I could see nothing....now I can see distorted shapes and light.

God has given me much grace in these last few days.
Because of the steroids, the massive amount of inflamation is improving.
The outside of my eye no longer looks like red meat.

I have no depth perception.
I cannot drive.
The steroids make me crazy.
I am wide awake at 2:30 am every night.
Everything about my whole person is off.

But...I know you are praying,
and that gives me comfort.

Psalm 146:8 "....the Lord opens the eyes of the blind....."
God is my hope.
All of my expectations are in Him.

Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thankaful that you are improving, you have prayers going up from all over the USA!!!