Monday, January 4, 2010

this blog and other observations

This picture was taken yesterday while my tree was still up.
This evening the tree is gone.
Bubba just threw it over the balcony to fall three stories to the ground.
It landed very close to the palm tree in front of our condo.
I am sad....not that he threw it over, but that it had to go.

This picture shows a better view of my new haircut.
It is still long enough that I can wear it pulled back and that is the most important thing.

I think that my blog is an enigma.
I am getting ready to write post #800 and hit the 30,000th visitor mark and it is more popular than ever. (the counter doesn't count me by the way)
Why do you read?
I would love to know.

A couple of random things:

1. The cheesiest song of this Christmas season had to be, "Where is the line to see Jesus." (at the mall) We have reached a new low, Christians. God is not to be mocked.

2. I had blood drawn today to see if the gammaglobin infusions have raised my immunity levels. The doctor is still quizzing on my chest x-ray. I think everything is okay and so does he. I did have a slight fever though.

3. Our getaway to Florida last week was special. I like unexpected trips to places I love. Thank you Bubba.

4. The Blue Bell ice cream in the freezer that I bought to enjoy while Amanda was here is driving me nuts. She didn't eat any of it and it was all left for me.

5. Cozy booth in a dapple of sunlight ~ my book ~ delicious coffee with real cream ~ a dutch baby with fresh lemons and powdered sugar ~ an hour all to myself....this morning. Bliss!!!!

"For the Lord God is a sun and a shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withold from those who walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

amazed by His love,
cathy

4 comments:

Allison said...

I read your blog b/c I love the eloquent way you write and describe things going on around you. That and the fact that I just enjoy reading other people's blogs :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog for several reasons. I, too, enjoy the way you write. It often reminds me of your mother's writing. Your mom and mine wrote to each other in Christmas and birthday cards for many, many years just as your sister and I have. My mom always enjoyed your mother's letters and often commented on how beautifully she wrote. I miss your mom. Also, your blog keeps me connected with you and your family. I've known your family as long as I've known my own and I cherish the friendship. I love the pictures of your beautiful family. Time passes so quickly. (It doesn't seem like 40 years since Teri & I were peeking(spying) through the front window of your house on 55th street as you and Bubba returned from a date.)Without your blog, I may have known you and Bubba have grandchildren, but I wouldn't get to watch them grow up. I've enjoyed that. And your blog keeps me connected to Savannah, my favorite city. I love the pictures of the rivers, beach, seafood and all the others. I can almost smell the marsh and seafood when I see them. And your faith. You never know when you've written just the right thing or touched on just the right subject for someone on any given day. I commend you for showing your faith.
Thank you for your blog Cathy. Looking forward to more,
Donna

cathy said...

to allison.....you rock girl! I always love your thoughts and comments. Hope you thrive and flourish in 2010.

cathy said...

to donna....thank you for the sweet words of encouragement as to my writings. thanks also for sharing your memories of my mom. she loved your mom and all of you so much. hope all of you have a wonderful new year. give your mom my special love.