Wednesday, January 13, 2010

this one's for Lou

One of my best and dearest friends in the world had a long and complicated surgery today.
I just heard from her husband and her friend that all went well and she is resting comfortably albeit heavily sedated.

She and I played together as children in a playhouse that my dad bought from the railroad yard and put together in my backyard. We raised our baby dolls there and wore our hoop skirts to the many weddings where we married our prince charmings.

She lived three or four houses down on my block and was most always available to "play." She was in my wedding and rejoiced with me when my babies were born as I was with her.

Friendships that endure for a lifetime are most precious and I have many of those. Gifts from God I call them. These are the people that have loved me and cared deeply about me through the years and have been there for me through it all. Needless to say I cherish this girl....this sweet friend that I "grew up" with.

You've been on my mind all day. I know it will be several days before you are able to read this, but then it will be nice to see what I was thinking on the night of your surgery.

Sweet and painless sleep tonight, lovely Lou......there will be time enough in the days to come to start the recuperation prosess. I thank God for you and pray the He will comfort and sustain you in the coming days.

In a few months there will be time to sit all day and talk.
For now....enjoy all the pampering that you deserve.

I love you,
Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will all be praying for Lou.
Wishing her a quick recovery.
Estelle