Sunday, January 3, 2010

signs of the times :(


"At Home," my absolute favorite store in downtown Savannah, is going out of business.
I am so sad.
~
This was a feel good store......
a place that captured the essence of who I am in its trinkets and vintage merchandise.
Many of the things sitting around my house came from this store.
~
Liz, the owner, had become a friend. She would always drop what she was doing to chat with me. She is a SCAD graduate.....a supremely talented and creative person. Erika and I visited her home back in the summer during the SCAD tour of homes......amazing!
~
She has had the store for ten years. She told me yesterday that she had nine good years.
The slowed economy hit her hard in 2009.
~
Liz is the "shopgirl" I always dreamed about being.
She is brilliant and will succeed in her event and wedding planning business.
I've seen some of her work and it is spectacular.
~
Downtown will never be the same though.
Thanks Liz for a great ten years.
~
Cathy :(


No comments: