Wednesday, January 20, 2010

%#@*&^ i'm on steroids *&^%$#

Last Thursday night my dad fell and broke his hip.
Early Sunday morning I was struck blind in my left eye.
Needless to say it has been a hard week.

I met my doctor at 6:30 am this morning. He wanted to check me before he went out of town. He will call me when he is heading back so that he can check me again tonight.
It is serious. He has never seen a case like mine in twenty years of doctoring.

This morning he gave me three steroid pills to hopefully help abate the inflammation.
At this moment I am high as a kite.
I feel like I could tackle the world, but still no sight.

Yesterday I entitled my post "beautiful eyes.'
I did not mean that in the way of vanity.

My eyes are beautiful to me because they are the eyes that God has given to me.
Through them I can see the beauty of His creation.
I can see His truth in His written word.
I can look into some one's eye and see compassion and sorrow and love and I can convey those same emotions with my eyes.

I cherish the gift that my eyes are to me.
And yes, people have told me that I have beautiful eyes,
but I hope they tell me that because they can see the love of God shining through.

I will try to post again this evening about what is the latest from my doc.
cc

2 comments:

amanda h said...

I was just the 30,000 visitor. Do I get a prize?!!

Cathy Cleland said...

You are the prize....love mom