Monday, December 21, 2009

my grandmother.....

we called her Hodie.....made this tablecloth.
She cut and stiched the appliques by hand.
I cherish it as I do all old things.
It comes out every Christmas and still looks good as new.

Frankie and Sally have a tablecloth just like this.
Hodie, obviously, stayed very busy with her hands.

Today is Estelle's birthday.
Tomorrow is the day we will celebrate.
I've never asked her how she feels about having a birthday so near to Christmas.
I don't guess there was anything much she could do about her arrival date.

I am staying up late tonight because Jake and Eli are coming to town.
Amanda and Mark are coming with them I think.
That is why we put Estelle's party off until tomorrow so that we all could be together.
The boys are staying here with us and A & M are going to stay at the other condo.

The next four days will be utter joy......
food, two parties, and then Christmas dinner,
not to forget about Christmas morning at the crack of dawn opening and looking at our treasures and a delicious brunch to go with that.

"And going into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered Him gifts, gold, frankincense, and myrrh." Matthew 2:

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift."

Happy Birthday Estelle.....I love you.
Cathy

No comments: