Thursday, May 6, 2010

a large flat turtle

I was driving north on Abercorn in the far right lane.
A woman was driving ahead of me.
So quickly, she swerved into the near left lane....
came might near crashing into the car that was already there.

Before I could react, I saw him....
a rather large turtle in the middle of the road.
He was slowly making his way to the creek on the other side.
Because I had been startled by the near collision,
I had no time to hit the brake.

I heard his shell crack open when my front tire made contact.
There was nothing I could do but leave him there to finish dying.
Probably all of the cars behind me took a lick at him too.

I had to tell someone so I called Amanda.
She was sympathetic.......to the turtle.

I didn't set out this morning to kill a turtle:(

cathy

No comments: