Monday, May 24, 2010

roses in my grandmother's vase


It is depression glass....I have a small collection.
My photo does not do it justice.
The glass is pink but goes over to the brown spectrum.
It fascinates me as all old things do.
~
How many bouquets of flowers did my grandmother put in this vase?
Did fresh flowers make her as happy as they make me?
Did she like roses too?
Why didn't I pay more attention to her ways when I was a young girl?
~
The storm this afternoon in no way matched the one last night.
The lightening was amazing.
I sat on the porch and watched it break through the dark night.....
bringing illumination as bright as day.
The spray of the rain gently brushed against my skin and hair.
It felt delightful.
I love when God sends the massive thunderstorms.....
His power on display for all to see.
~
I feel like I'm getting sick....
for the first time since I started the infusions back in September.
It came on suddenly today with a slight fever and a cough.
I was at my allergist when it started.
Hopefully a good night's rest will ward it off......
because I'm going to see Jake and Eli on Wednesday.
~
"O Lord, You are my God;
I will exalt You;
I will praise Your name,
for You have done wonderful things,
plans formed of old,
faithful and sure."
Isaiah 25:1
~
Stay in His word.
It is the only safe place to be....


No comments: