Saturday, May 15, 2010

white footprints & cinderella's shoes

If some of you say after reading my blog that there is never a dull moment in the
Cleland home, you would be correct. That is why at 9:00 every night I am heading for the bed.

This temporary home that we are living in is divine.
I am just about to place the last picture, book, do dad....etc, and it will be done.

There is only one problem.......
Thick sheet rock dust covers the basement floor.
So every time we ascend the stairs onto the dark wood floors of the living area we leave....
WHITE FOOTPRINTS everywhere we step.

Last night we went out to Frankie's to borrow the PRESSURE WASHER.
Today the area has been washed by Bubba eight times with the result being.....
We think it needs to be done eight more times.

I am just before going down to mop the floor (for the thousandth time.)
Then I will go even further down and walk around in the basement.
Then I will come back up and see if there are still white footprints.
There's got to be a way to solve this problem.

One more thing.
On my way to take my dad to the store this morning, I stopped by to pick up Lucy.
At the last minute I told Harry he could go too.
He was ecstatic.
I told him to go put on his shoes as we needed to leave.
He disappeared and came running back down the hall in Lucy's Cinderella heels.
I love it.
They make me laugh all the time.

I'll say this one last thing...
You have yet to live if you have not gone grocery shopping with...
An 87 year old man recovering from a broken hip,
A four year old going on forty,
and a two year old in Cinderella's shoes.

PS I took a nap this afternoon.
cc

No comments: