Monday, May 17, 2010

Paul at Athens

The Bible says that.....
"His spirit was provoked within him as he was beholding the city full of idols."

The Epicurean and Stoic philosophers were conversing with him.
They called him an "idle babbler."
They spent all of their time in nothing other than....
"telling or hearing something new."

They proclaimed him to be a "proclaimer of strange deities" because he was
preaching Jesus and the resurrection.

Amazingly they gave him an open door to share the gospel. They told him...
"You are bringing some strange things to our ears;
we want to know therefore what these things mean."

So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said,
"Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and observing the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, TO AN UNKNOWN GOD."

"WHAT THEREFORE YOU WORSHIP IN IGNORANCE, THIS NOW I PROCLAIM TO YOU."

What follows is the most amazing presentation of the gospel I have ever read.

In just a little while I will share it with you.
It should be our model of sharing Christ with others....

taken straight from Acts 17

No comments: