Tuesday, May 11, 2010

stopped

by a military policeman on Hunter Army Airfield this afternoon.
That is the worse thing that could happen to me.
I am always extra careful on the base out of respect for my husband.

I was traveling the perimeter road which is set at 40 mph.
Just to be safe, I set my cruise control at 40 mph.
I was tooling along when I noticed a SUV with blue lights coming up behind.
"Surely it can't be me........ What could I have done?"

"Mam...did you know that you are going 42 mph in a 25 mph zone."
At this point I said, "Sir, I have my cruise control set at 40 mph."
Stupid, I know, but the part about the 25 mph hadn't sunk in.

He went on about....
a new convenience store that had been built
and a 25 mph speed limit in that area
and didn't I read the signs?????
It was then I knew my goose was cooked well done.

I apologized profusely and he said, bless his little heart,.....
"I am going to give you a verbal warning this time."

Thank you so much!
I think they put traffic offenders on base in the slammer.
Bubba would have killed me.
Oh my, I am so thankful.

Recently downloaded:

Only You Can Love Me this Way ~ Keith Urban
My Love is Here ~ Jim Brickman
Kathy's song ~ Eva Cassidy
God Only Knows ~ The Beach Boys
The House that Built Me ~ Miranda Lambert
Come in with the Rain ~ Taylor Swift

Now you know a little of what's on my ipod....
lc

No comments: