Monday, August 2, 2010

26 times

If a phrase is repeated several times in a paragraph,
one would stop and take notice.
One would surely think,
"This is something the author has deemed of utmost importance."

In Psalm 136 the phrase
"His Steadfast Love Endures Forever" is repeated 26 times.
What point is the Psalmist going to such great extreme to make?
The love of God toward His own has no end.
God's love toward us will go on eternally.
There will be no end to His constant, loyal love.

What response does this truth elicit from us whom God loves so faithfully?
Adoration and Praise and Thanksgiving to name just a few.
Also the desire to live an exemplary life before Him.

~~~~~~~~

My friend Sandra and I had lunch today at Johnny Harris.
Yes, I go there alot......It is a good place to meet & eat.
Lots of great conversation goes on in those old wooden booths.
Today we shared a "senior moment" together.
I won't say which one of us locked our keys in the car.
I won't repeat all of the ensuing things that happened because of that.
I will say that it is great to grow old together with a good friend.

Also, to my friend Lou......Happy Birthday.
There will be more from me on that subject a little later.

Estelle, thank you for the info on Mars.
I will be sitting on my top deck
looking at the eastern sky
every night for the month of August.

I thank God for my rich, full life, and for His everlasting love.....
cathy

No comments: