Saturday, August 7, 2010

staying in His word

Yesterday morning I awoke with a start.....
the room was filled with so much more light than usual.
Then I discovered that I had slept until almost eight am.
Annoyed with myself for sleeping away the best part of the day,
I got up and got busy.

This is the thing.....
at eight o'clock the phone starts ringing
or its time to be getting ready to be somewhere.

If I don't read and study His word early in the morning....
many times I don't get back to it for the rest of the day.

"How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them,
they are more than the sand."
Psalm 139: 17 & 18

I guess what I'm trying to say is.....
I don't want to miss even one morning
reading "His thoughts."

Going to meet David and Erika and Lucy and Harry and Ryan
downtown for dinner and a late evening stroll....
Ryan is their friend from Chicago.

No comments: