Thursday, August 5, 2010

sandblasted

Things have surely changed at the dentist's office.
Today was my half yearly visit for cleaning.

After the initial,
"Wow, you sure do take good care of your teeth,"
by the smiling hygienist,
out came the picks and the prods.
A little bit of that and then she said,
"Now I am going to use the sandblaster on you."

Literally, a boatload of sand is combined with some water.
This mixture
is shot out of a pressure washer machine
into the mouth
straight at the teeth
with the force of Niagara Falls.

Sand and water were flying everywhere.
I was blinded
and choking
as she was seemingly trying
to uproot every tooth from my gums with her gun
while asking hundreds of questions
that required immediate answers.

I survived the ordeal
only to be told by the dentist
that I needed a crown on a tooth that had split in two.
Oh, and by the way,
that will be $979.00.

I can't prove it but
I think that lady with the pressure washer
might have had something to do with that broken and tattered tooth.

cc

No comments: