Tuesday, August 3, 2010

sweet boy in the swing

"O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me.
Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up;
Thou dost understand my thought from afar.
Thou dost scrutinize my path
and my lying down,
and art intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord,
Thou dost know it all.
Thou hast enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Thy hand upon me."

The above describes the God I know and love.
He is the reason for my joy.
He is why I make it through the days of my life.

He knows the words on my tongue
before they tumble out of my mouth.

He is intimately acquainted with me.
This is God whose love for me is everlasting and secure.

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me:
It is too high, I cannot attain to it."

Psalm 139 could very possibly be my favorite.

cathy

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh, it certainly is my favorite. How wonderful to know that He knew us before we knew Him!

Cathy Cleland said...

Oh Cherie, Hi,
Yes....How precious to know this truth about God.