Wednesday, August 4, 2010

teaching him to cook

First it was a pot of rice.
Next it was boiled potatoes.
Today it was peas and butterbeans.

My dad is learning to cook at the ripe old age of 87.
I always prepare him an extra steak or pork chop.
He fixes the rice and veggies.
He has his own way of doing things in the kitchen so
I don't interfere.
It (the kitchen) is a little messy for my taste but.......
the mess doesn't bother him in the least.

I don't do stacks.
Everything that hits my desk is dealt with quickly....
either to the trash bin or filed away.
Right now I have a stack of things that I don't know what to do with.
It has been sitting here for a while.
It is making me nervous.
I need to chill out and deal with it tonight.

Why is there so much complaining about the weather?
It is summer....
It is hot and humid.
This is what we do if we live in the south.
We compensate with....

drinking sweet tea with lemon
sitting on the beach real close to the ocean
or if all else fails....
staying inside in conditioned air.

I love the summer with it's long days
and it's late nightfalls.
I'll take the heat because of all the other benefits.

That picture up there is Eli...the sand baby.
We love him.

"Do all things without grumbling or complaining."
Philippians 2: 14

No comments: