Tuesday, August 10, 2010

midnight swim

Lu and I just returned from the pool.
She made a new friend named Peyton Dae Dobbins.
Peyton said that we could call her "pay - day."
She and Lucy exchanged floating apparatuses several times.
Not an easy switch for old grams.

On the way to the beach this afternoon
we stopped by the fruit and vegetable stand.
We got a bag of "pigeon peas" as my moma used to call them.
We had those delicious things for supper
with some salmon and granddaddy's superb mashed potatoes.

Lucy chose a basket of the most
plump and beautiful blackberries I have ever seen.
They were eaten in a flash.

Tired tonight...
ready to hit the bed.
cathy

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh how I long for Pigeon Peas! Where did you find them?!
Donna

Donna said...

Oh how I long for Pigeon Peas! Where did you find them?!
Donna

Cathy Cleland said...

At the produce stand on the way to the beach.
They were delicious!