Saturday, August 28, 2010

when life hurts

First of all.....
I would like to say.....
I am in the school of learning to think like a Christian.

Every morning I am confronted with
the reality of how much I don't know
and how much time I've wasted on
"foolish things" in my lifetime.

"His divine power
has granted to us
everything pertaining to life and godliness,
through the true knowledge of Him
who called us by His own glory and excellence." II Peter 1:3

I beleive that in God's word
we can find
all of the answers
to the hard questions
of life on this earth.

To every one of you
who are experiencing
the toughest of life situations at this moment,
Listen up.......

God tells us this.....
"And we know that God
causes all things
to work together for good
to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

If you love God,
If He called you,
then He has a purpose for your life
.
He has a purpose for what you are going through.
And if all of the above is true then,
He is using what you are going through,
no matter how hard it is,
for your good and His glory!

This truth is something to hold onto
when the bottom has fallen out of your life.

Trust Him without wavering
for He knows what you need
to become fit for His kingdom.

Be at peace,
O child of God.
This thing is from Him and
He will see you through.

I love you, cathy

2 comments:

Allison Stroud said...

Thank you for this one...have been trying to talk to my friend I told you a/b and cannot seem to get thru to her...frustrating but I do know that the Holy Spirit is bigger than me (duh!) and can work in ways unimaginable to men.

Cathy Cleland said...

Just remember that you can't save her......all you are responsible for is to tell her the truth. Be loving and patient and pray for her.

I'm keeping you close in prayer ~cathy