Tuesday, January 25, 2011

i love this rainy day

All day today it has rained.....marvelous, glorious rain.

I took my dad to the clinic
and afterwards we breakfasted at "our place."
Always good food and a lot of conversation.
We talked about the state of the world
and why the world is in the state it is in.
After refilling his pill box I headed for home.
By that time it had really started "coming down."

This afternoon
I took my blanket and my book,
curled up in the bed,
and spent the afternoon there. (very rare occurrence)
And while I did that,
it poured and it poured and it poured.

Now, at almost 7:00 pm it is still pouring
and it looks like it will pour all night.
The wind has started howling too.
I absolutely love this weather!!!

Two verses about the rain for your pleasure....

The Lord to Noah....
"For in seven days I will send
rain on the earth forty days and forty nights,
and every living thing that I have made
I will blot out from the face of the ground."
Genesis 7:4

"For He makes His sun to rise
on the evil and the good,
and sends rain on the just and the unjust."
Matthew 5:45

I am reading "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn.
....can't put it down.
You should read it too.

Tonight, I shall fall asleep
to the sound of the rain
beating against my windowpanes.
What a blessed girl I am!!!!
cathy

No comments: