Saturday, January 1, 2011

one/one/oneone

Day one of 2011 is almost over.
It has been a quiet ~ stay at home day for me.
I took the tree down,
but the rest of the lights will stay put for awhile.

For those who know us well,
we had the "tree being thrown over the balcony"
ceremony early this morning.
The tree stand went with
and was rendered useless for next year.
I have never seen a "deader" tree in all my years.

I don't do resolutions.
I have lost some weight and want to lose more.
I want to step up my exercising to the next and the next level.
I am feeling fantastic and want to keep feeling that way.
One more thing....
I want to spend more time in God's word and in prayer.
Nobel desires I think.
I will press forward.

Bubba and I are beginning to plan our trip to Hawaii.
This has been a dream for a while
and we hope to make it a reality this year.
I want to cruise from California to the Islands,
and then go around to all of the beautiful places
while lounging on the deck in the balmy weather.
Me thinks that would be just "loverly."

One thing I know for sure...
God is sovereign....
He is in control of the future.
He will lead and guide into the tomorrows of this year
and I will trust Him unequivocally to do so.

To all of the
beautiful,
glorius,
exciting,
days ahead
until we finally rest with Him.

Happy New Year...
cathy

1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you so much for the encouraging words!