Wednesday, January 5, 2011

not just any story

"but the baby in her womb,
He was the maker of the moon,
He was the author of the faith,
that could make the mountains move."

from "Labor of Love"
in Andew Peterson's cd,
"Behold the Lamb"

Every year
we unpack the manger scenes,
listen to "Away in a Manger" & "Silent Night,"
Read and reread Luke 2: 1~20,
and
Drive through the live manger scenes.

It is a beautiful story.
It is the heart of our Christmas.

But friends...
It is the most important story ever told.

The incarnation (coming to earth)
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
is the reason we live and have hope.
It is the revelation of the depths of the love of God.

Every night before I go to bed,
I read at least a chapter from the sermons
of my favorite author, Martyn Lloyd Jones.
"Life in Christ"----studies in I John.

I had put this book down over the holidays.
I picked it back up a few nights ago.
"The Manifest Love of God."
I wish I could copy it
word for word so that you could read it too.

This is one quote that I will share...

"The more I study the New Testament
and live the Christian life,
the more convinced I am that our fundamental difficulty,
our fundamental lack,
is the lack of seeing the love of God.
Thus our greatest object and endeavor
should be to know Him better,
and thus we will love Him more truly."

The love of God sent the baby Jesus to the manger.
It is the most important story we will ever hear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sadly, we are not getting little baby Mae.
read David's account on his blog......

http://ethiopiancleland.blogspot.com/

God is good and right in all of His decisions
and His will is perfect for us.

No comments: