Monday, January 31, 2011

january is almost gone

Lucy is dancing on my bed.
One of those things that grammys
allow their grandchildren to do
when the parents are not around.
She asked if she could do some jumping.....
I said absolutely not.
We have to draw that line somewhere. :0)

January 31, 2011.....
One month of this new year is already behind us.
I must say it was a cold month and a long one.
I think I start longing
for the warmth of the sun so much
that it seems as if January will never make its departure.
At least all of my Christmas decorations are down,
but they are still in the basement waiting to be put away.
I leave some of them up through January
because they brighten the dark winter nights.

"Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn.
I don't think any book has affected me like this one.
The persecuted church in China
is flourishing while most of the churches in America are dying.
The book explains this phenomenon so well.
We take our gift of salvation so lightly.

God changes hearts.
Has your heart been changed?

i love you,
cathy

No comments: