Wednesday, August 17, 2011

nevertheless

Asaph
had gotten himself into a pretty bad way
by looking at the wicked
and presuming that God showed them unmerited favor.
Asaph
decided that he had kept his heart clean
and his hands washed for naught.
Asaph
admitted that his heart was pricked
and his soul embittered
as he thought on these things.
Asaph,
thankfully,
caught himself in the act of destroying his soul
and altered his course.
Asaph
went into the sanctuary.
I love this!
Asaph
was made aware of his sinful thoughts and deeds
and turned his gaze and his thoughts
back to Almighty God. 
(God was merciful to reveal this to him) 
Asaph
repented and returned to the truth about himself and his God.
~~~~~
The word nevertheless ushers in the great grace of God.
Asaph said,
"Nevertheless I am continually with Thee."

"This is the astonishing thing,
that I am still with Thee. 
That Thou dost still permit me to come into Your presence."
(How many times have I felt this way)

This Psalm is a beautiful picture of
The amazing grace of God.
~~~~
"You hold my right hand,
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward
you will receive me to glory."

But as for me,
it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord God
my refuge,
that I may tell of all Your works."

Psalm 73
The text between the wavy lines
was taken from
"Faith Tried and Triumphant"
by Martyn Lloyd Jones.

No comments: