Monday, August 15, 2011

a vignette from the wedding chapel

Love the antique rocky horse and lace tablecloth.
In this shot you can see the heart of pine flooring.
The kinds of things I love
captured so eloquently.

This Bible on my desk
is my most treasured possession.
The notes and markings make it mine alone.
To use another feels foreign to me.
I've probably been in this one for
ten or fifteen years.

Early this morning I found this written
by the margin of the following verses....
"I love this through life."

Here is what I love....

"Nevertheless,
I am continually with Thee;
Thou hast taken hold of my right hand.
With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but Thee?
And besides Thee,
I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73: 23~26

Those are beautiful words of life.
Those are words that sustain me in the darkest night.
Those words are life, and hope, and my future.
I will praise Thee O God forever and ever!

No wonder I wrote that in the margin.
cathyc

No comments: