Thursday, August 11, 2011

a seven footer

You all know how much I love lizards...
Well this story is even worse.

Evening before last a seven foot alligator
was spotted in our area.
A neighbor out walking her dog
saw the beast laying over
next to where the marsh begins.

Now I know these guys are native to the
southeastern part of the United States,
but I had always pictured them down in Florida
or over at Hilton Head...
I can't imagine why they would
want to come here,
especially with a Wal-Mart so close by.

Every time I go out now
my eyes are continually searching for this guy.
And oh no,
what if he has babies
(not him but his wife)
and the whole place becomes overrun with them.

Here's the deal....
I am going to claim my
"Be anxious for nothing" verse
and forget about him.
Chances of an attack are minimal
and if it happens,
well....
it just happens.

"Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything with prayer and thanksgiving,
let your request be made known to God.
And the peace of God
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4: 6&7

No comments: