Monday, August 22, 2011

wassaw island

Friday,
can't wait for you to get here.
I am packing a picnic
and we are piling in Frankie's boat
to go to the island you see pictured above.

Wassaw is Georgia's most unspoiled barrier island.
It is also a National Wildlife Sanctuary.

The only way to get there is by boat....
and you have to get wet to get onto the shore.
So excited!
The last time I went out into the sound
I saw a gigantic sea turtle swimming by.

Tybee had a big blow this afternoon.
Two of the power poles
that carry electricity to the island
were blown over
and wires were hanging precariously close to the ground. 
Palm fronds were everywhere.
As we passed,
Georgia Power was just arriving.
From the way it looked,
people staying at the beach
were in for a long, hot, and humid night.

Dealt with my stacks this afternoon.
I feel liberated.
My ironing is a mountain....
I can't seem to get to it.
Love to only wear linen in the summer,
but when you wash it,
you have to iron it.
Oh well,
maybe tomorrow :)




No comments: