Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the big yellow wagon

The big yellow wagon is perfect for carrying little boys to the beach. It is sturdy with big tires. I use it normally to transport my things from the car to the condo and vice versa. Last evening after Jake got out to play in the sand, we placed Eli in the wagon on a towel. He was the hit of the beach in his tiny little swim trunks. Everyone stopped by to admire his cuteness.

Jake had been a little stand-offish with the waves. He liked them but ran when they rushed at him. Last night I couldn't resist and was lulled into the warm water....when Jake saw me go in he wanted to follow. He loved it! Some major crying ensued when it was time to leave the beach. Last night we had Bubba to help with the parade to the shore and he stayed with the littlest one. Tonight it will be a bit harder with just us girls.

Bubba left early this morning and got back into DC about 3:00 pm. We girls and boys will leave on Friday for the long trip to the big city. I can't imagine what it will be like. I'm sure it will be a blog in itself.

Amanda is enjoying herself so much and is thriving in the beach climate. It's good to see her getting healthy again. I just found her on the deck doing a suduko. We all took naps this afternoon. She is such a good mother and devotes herself to her babies. It shows in their good behavior and sleeping habits. They are a joy to be around.

For this and so much more I am thankful beyond measure.

"Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow." James 1:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the reading of this I really
do think that Jake should be brought up near the ocean and I don't mean the Pacific!!!He needs to be a GA. Boy!!!!!!
ECD