Friday, July 6, 2007

our grandbabies are coming!

The road trip has started. Bubba left DC this morning heading for Louisville, KY, where he will aquire Amanda, Jake, and Eli for the rest of the trip to Savannah. They will leave after dinner and try to get some of the trip behind them tonight while the little darlings sleep.

I have heard from Bubba a couple of times already and he is making good time except for a stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast that took way too long. Knowing that he is much happier with a full stomach, I feel that the stop was time well spent.

I failed to mention that "Sandra" was at Tybee over the Fourth. She had her regular big party on Saturday night and on the actual 4th she and her hubby were enjoying their pool together. I tried hard not to stare as I walked by, but it was difficult. No one else on the beach paid any attention to them and that is a good thing. I always watch her movies when I am at Tybee.

I am heading to the storage house to get all of the baby paraphenalia. Bubba has warned me not to go overboard. He says everthing that I take in I will have to bring out...I am truly trying to learn how to pare down.........but you know how it is when babies are involved. They need beds, and high chairs, and swings, and umbrellas for the beach and on and on.

What sent him over the edge was last Christmas, which we spent at the condo, when I hauled in a live Christmas tree with all the trimmings. He will never get over that.

I will also shop for food....now how would he feel if I didn't have plenty of that? Tomorrow there will be a roast in the crockpot and corn on the cob and butterbeans slathered with onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes. I think that will be something wonderful to come in to.

Just one more thing...Bubba is bringing his laptop and I will have unlimited access to it for three whole days. What else can I say.

No comments: